Gible's Valley!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gible's Valley, for all pokemon fans!

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
.:Welcome to the new Gible's Valley!:.

Daily Chit Chat Thread

Go down 
+14
Goldenrod
Knell
Snow
ELVIStoptrainer
Subliminal Zero
Lyon
SuperiorSwampert
Espeon
Newberrytiger
setsuna
WhiteTiger
ShadowDragonX
Jimbster
Dakurai
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Espeon
Espeon

Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:51 am

Ancient meme is ancient
Back to top Go down
Knell
Administrator
Knell

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:09 am

That doesn't stop you
I mean me
Back to top Go down
Snow
GV Regular
Snow

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:28 am

Huh??

New admin?
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/PokemonDistrict/site/
Goldenrod

Goldenrod

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:03 pm

Who?
Back to top Go down
http://goldenrodcity6.webs.com
Subliminal Zero

Subliminal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:56 am

-_-
Back to top Go down
Knell
Administrator
Knell

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:17 pm

Don't be jellin
Back to top Go down
Lyon
Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:15 pm

Ok, I'm bored.

Does anyone here play The Legend of Spyro series of games? I'm a big fan of them.
[/random]
Back to top Go down
Knell
Administrator
Knell

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:56 am

I do, but I don't think they're the same that you're thinking of.
Back to top Go down
Lyon
Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 5:13 am

Do you mean the older generation of Spyro games? The ones without Cynder, Ignitus, Terrador and all those characters?
Back to top Go down
Espeon
Espeon

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:39 am

I guess I'll say I'm perfectly neutral to all the games
Back to top Go down
Knell
Administrator
Knell

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:55 pm

"The older generation" lol.
Yes the ones without all those characters, the ones with the very first evil character: Gnasty Gnorc. Though I never beat the first game, only the other two(I even got 100% in the second one because I wanted to see what I'd get).

There were a lot of memorable characters too, Hunter was one of them. (I personally love almost everything from the second game except the last level, it just didn't appeal to me.)

Most people who actually praise the new games never played the old ones. I have played the newer games and can honestly say that I'm not overly impressed. The characters and story are fine, but the gameplay is horrible, and it really doesn't feel like a Spyro game to me.
Back to top Go down
Lyon
Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:18 pm

Well I've played one of the old ones, Ripto's Rage, and almost completed it, and i have also played two of the new gen, and I have to agree with you. Although the trilogy's game style is more appealing to me they didn't pull it off very well, whereas the older games had more in them and weren't as repetitive.

But I like the newer ones better because of the storyline.
Back to top Go down
Knell
Administrator
Knell

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Ripto's rage <3
I don't like the fact that you and enemies have health bars, let me fry them with one hit thank you
I can agree with that on respectable parts, I'm always looking for good stories, so I always watch/play games to see them. But the game has to have good gameplay for me to actually be able to play and see the story unfold, and if the story wasn't that good, but had good gameplay I might also play(but probably get bored easily). Graphics are ok to me, but aren't the most important thing out there.
Back to top Go down
Lyon
Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:49 am

Graphics are still an important aspect of a game (although not as important as gameplay or storyline). And when I mean graphics, I also mean how the camera moves, what position it's in, the amount of effects etc. In the PS2 edition of DotD, they really failed with the camera in alot of the Quick-Time events (the events were you need to press a certain button quickly). The camera is often cutting into a character model (mainly the golem) leaving gaping holes in the model. I get quite tired of it.

But then I probably git more irritated by this due to the shoddy gameplay alongside it. The general mechanism of the gaming style in DotD was good, but as I said the developers didn't pull it off very well (Melee combat is so freaking hard without using breath attacks), perhaps because the game was rushed due to the change in developers. 'Course we can't blame everything on that.
Back to top Go down
Knell
Administrator
Knell

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:57 am

Never said they weren't, just really shouldn't matter.
Seriously, if we wanna get into the whole thing of graphics, we could always use Pokemon as the subject
And OH GOD THAT GOLEM WAS BS. [/rant] It took me practically 2 hours to beat that thing, just because I couldn't get the quick time events *just* right.
I got stuck somewhere, don't remember exactly....All I remember was this weight you had to carry in your mouth, and it basically limited your flying drastically, then you had to climb up this wall of vines or something. While all this was happening, the game mechanics weren't working correctly, I swear I was sitting in front of the screen yelling "JUMP YOU MORON!" for 20 minutes before gamerage completely took over and I shut it off.
And if they really did change developers, they picked the wrong ones for the gameor any game.
Back to top Go down
Lyon
Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:13 am

Aha, I'm guessing that's the Ruins of Warfang XD. That level WAS a pain on my first playthrough, and even now it's hell annoying.

But the Golem was pretty easy, even with the QTEs. The only annoying part was the second part of the second encounter with him, where every time he attacks that shockwave came out >.> it was really frustrating to hit him without getting hit yourself.

I find it funny how there are only two actually programmed bosses (ones with visible health bars) - The Golem and the Final Boss (not using his real name due to spoilers if you can call them that 8|)
Back to top Go down
Knell
Administrator
Knell

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:24 am

I played for who knows how many hours straight...
I've already seen the ending so...no spoilerz for me.
Also I have a strange urge to hook up my Playstation, put in Spyro, start a new game, and just do an all nighter.
Back to top Go down
Snow
GV Regular
Snow

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:00 pm

How is everybody?
Back to top Go down
Newberrytiger
Administrator
Newberrytiger

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:16 pm

I'm pretty great. You? (:
Back to top Go down
http://dreamcave.forumotion.net
WhiteTiger
WhiteTiger

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:56 am

To English people here, if any:

Football, ie World Cup - Opinions XDXD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokemonpwns.co.cc
Newberrytiger
Administrator
Newberrytiger

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:23 am

Well, I can't believe we lost to Ghana. How did England do? Have they played Germany yet?
Back to top Go down
http://dreamcave.forumotion.net
Knell
Administrator
Knell

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:35 am

None

I don't watch those things.
Back to top Go down
Snow
GV Regular
Snow

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:17 pm

I hope Germany wins, I'm German/Polish.

And Newberrytiger, I'm great, our forum is also doing a lot better with activity.
Back to top Go down
Lyon
Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:06 pm

Knell wrote:
None

I don't watch those things.
Back to top Go down
Espeon
Espeon

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:16 am

Well Germany DID win so olol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chit Chat Thread   Daily Chit Chat Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Chit Chat Thread
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next